Friday, November 25, 2022

The New Revolutionary War Sculpture Model

 So, when I first started this project in 2017 for the Oregon Revolutionary War Memorial, I created these figures as single images in relief against a red granite wall. Six figures for the six Patriot Soldiers in the war. The Minuteman, Continental Soldier, Militia Soldier, Oneida Warrior, Black Soldier and the Woman Patriot.

As I said in the previous blog, the memorial was cancelled. But I could not leave this project unfinished. My wife and I just got back from France, and there I saw all of these great sculptures created to honor the heroic men and women who fought and died in their Revolution. Very awe inspiring. I had to finish this in that style. 

Here then are my first creations, using  the sculptures I had already done as a base. Still lots of work to do, but I think this is a good start.

Check out my previous posts for a description of each figure and why I chose them.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment