Sunday, March 7, 2021

Today I Begin the Life Size Patriot Woman Sculpture for the Oregon Revolutionary War Memorial



 

March 7, 2021
 
Did I tell you I have a short attention span? Remember I am working on completing my book on the National Parks and the 12 paintings that go with it?
 
Well, I decided last week that it was time to get started on creating the life sized clay sculpture of the Patriot Woman  for the ORWM. So today I went to my friendly Home Depot and picked up the wood and foam.

Tomorrow I will start the wood base construction and draw the figure on the wood to size. I think the lady will be 5' 2" ish and because I am limited to 18" width I will have to revise the figure a bit to fit the wall.

The paintings and the book? I will work back and forth between the two projects. 

I spent over 50 years as a graphic designer and creative director at ad agencies. I had to work on multiple projects at the same time and get them all done by deadline. I guess that hasn't changed even in retirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment