Tuesday, July 28, 2020

The Woman has Arrived

Working on the Woman today, outside temp is 100 degrees but inside my studio with AC and fans on to keep the clay cool, I am wearing a sweater and gloves to keep warm. Crazy right?

This woman is wearing a typical fitted two part long full dress ( looks like a short dress over the dress) with a tight waist, 3/4 length sleeves and a shawl over her shoulders. Her cap is a cloth cap that covers the top of her head and ties so that the edges scallop. In her left hand she carries a basket of vegetables (hard to see from this angle).

I have completed the basic model and I will let her sit for a while and live with it. Make a change here and there over time until she is what she wants to be.

Then ready to cast into maquette sculptures to add to the first three Soldiers.


Time to move on to the next sculpture,I think I will work on the Oneida Warrior next.

No comments:

Post a Comment