Friday, November 18, 2011

The Painter - Revised

Yesterday and today I tore apart an existing sculpture I had "finished" and re-worked it.

The Painter one of my Hands of the Artists collection was sitting around in my studio, ready to go to the foundry to be cast. But she did not look right, so she sat on the back shelf. Yesterday I pulled her off the shelf and looked at her again.

Bingo! It hit me, the leg she was standing on was out of proportion to the rest of her. So, I took out my knife, hammer, pliers, and more pipe and went to surgery.


After two days, her leg was replaced with one that is right. I also set her on a taller platform which will be a tree stump surrounded by grass and flowers thereby lifting her up and making her more elegant.

As I am re-working the leg, I am also making slight adjustments to the other leg and I moved her left arm holding the palette closer to her torso. She is definitely looking a lot better.

When I get more completed I will post close up photos so you can see the details.

You can see more of my Hands of the Artists collection at: www.artistsgallerie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment